Here are the guidelines to consider when submitting a story to the Auditory Anthology podcast:
Stories should be 5,000 words or less. Episodes run approximately 30 minutes. 5,000 words would normally be around 30 minutes of reading time. If your story is slightly over 5,000 words but in the ballpark, that won’t be held against you. If in doubt, go ahead and submit it. If however you have a story that’s more than 5,000 words stay tuned, I may have an opportunity coming up.
Genre: Anything really. Submit first and ask questions later. The best fit would be Science Fiction, Adventure and Fantasy. But I’m casting a wide net here, so . Stories could be anything from Star Wars to Lord of the Rings to a sappy romance or screwball comedy. Although I’m not accepting fan-fiction, so please don’t use any pre-existing properties.
Please limit profanity. Podcasts are more or less the wild west in terms of regulations, but we’re trying to create a podcast that will appeal to the largest audience possible so your work will be heard by as many people as possible. So at the very least, let’s stick with language the FCC would find acceptable on broadcast TV or radio.
- Graphical depictions of sexual assault
- Non-consensual sexual activity (including necrophilia)
- Graphical or explicit descriptions of animal abuse
- ANY sexual depictions of children and/or animals
Multiple Submissions are fine. Writers can submit as many stories as they want, and as often as they would like. However, please don’t submit the same story more than once.
Secondary publication is also fine. The Auditory Anthology podcast does not require exclusive rights. If your work is available elsewhere, we’ll even help you promote it. Just make sure you’re not violating any agreement with the other publisher by submitting it to this podcast.
By submitting a story you understand and agree that:
- You are the original creator of the work submitted to us;
- You are the copyright holder of the work;
- You are not prohibited by any prior agreement from the transfer of non-exclusive print and audio rights to the work;
- All information in the submission form is accurate and truthful; and
- You accept sole responsibility for any false statements or encumbrances upon rights not disclosed to us, including withdrawal of contract offer.
- If you are under the age of 18, your parent or guardian will sign your contract and accept your payment on your behalf.